The holistic approach of Ayurveda helps to focus on prevention in managing the outbreak of coronavirus. Ayurveda emphasises on the avoidance of causative factors and enhancing the immunity against a host of infections.
Now more than ever is the time for us to be proactive about creating small moments of happiness with positive emotions to undo the negativities around us.
Sewanti Ayurvedic Series team would like to suggest the herbs and supplements that could contribute to a positive impact on our immunity and the state of mind.
Suggestions for Immune Health;
Boost your Immune system
Strengthening the immune system through a healthy diet and lifestyle practices as a precautionary measure would help to a great extent.
Preventive measures for infection
- Make a decoction of 1 teaspoon of Trikatu powder (made with Black pepper, long pepper, and ginger) with 3-5 fresh Tulsi leaves or ½ teaspoon of Tulsi leaf powder in 4 glasses of water. Boil until only 2 glasses remain. Drink this hot tea throughout the day.
- Pratimarsa Nasya - Instill two drops of Anu Tailam in each nostril daily in the morning,
- Gargling with warm water and salt kills tonsils and prevents them from leaking into the lungs.
- Use a neti pot to clear germs from the nasal passages.
- Stay away from ice cream and cold food and prefer home-cooked food.
- Drink Tulsi and Guduchi tea to soothe respiratory conditions.
Supplements & lifestyle
- Take immune-boosting supplements like Ashwagandha and Turmeric.
- Ashwagandha helps to balance aggravated Vata and is also an adaptogen to help increase energy and resistance to stress.
- Turmeric is a source of antioxidants and aids in digestion, helps to increase bile excretion by the liver and helps to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Massage - Daily abhyanga or self-massage with Invigorating Kapha oil will help to improve circulation as a preventive measure.
- Yoga and Meditation - Your daily spiritual practice will help to keep your stress levels low and immune system healthy.
Neelam Toprani is an Ayurvedic researcher and the formulator of Sewanti herbal remedies and Padmashri massage oils. Neelam has been studying various healing modalities and eastern spiritualties from many masters. One of the objectives her Company is to take the timeless wisdom of Ayurveda and translate it into practical solutions to improve the quality of life.
All the information on our products and their components is for general information only and was made with the best of our knowldege. It does not claim in any way of suggesting a diagnosis or a treatment.